Key to Success: Recovery & Prevention Beyond Intervention
Catapult Academy students graduate from our program prepared for a better life for themselves and their families. Setting high expectations for students is part of our model for success. We work closely with students to remediate academic concerns as well as family and social issues. Our success coaches ensure students are engaged with their classes, teachers, and classmates.
Our suite of wraparound services support students’success in school and beyond. These services include:
- Positive behavior support plan
- Student leadership council
- Graduation and success coaches
- Truancy house calls and visits
- Industry certification programs
- Community partnerships
How do our Support Services impact students’ success?
- Students earn a high school diploma, not a GED
- 50+ hours of wraparound services provide each student the guidance and support to improve behaviors, gain leadership skills, and prepare for college and/or career
- Industry certification and credit acceleration initiatives allow students to earn certification in specific fields while earning credits toward their diploma, increasing their marketability in the workforce upon high school graduation or after college
- 25 hours of work experience, internship, or volunteering provide real-world experience and opportunities to gain professional skills
- A college and career advisor ensures that all graduates apply to at least one college and for one scholarship, to keep open the opportunity to attend college
- College enrollment and scholarship opportunities are available through our network of college and university partners, including multiple HBCUs