Equitable Services: Rights, Advocacy, Access
Sunday, July 8, 2012 at 7:00 PM – Thursday, July 12, 2012 at 1:00 PM South Bend, IN
Federal education programs require equitable participation for private school students, teachers, and parents. Are your students receiving all the services they are entitled to through federal education programs?
We invite you to join us for a FOUR DAY INSTITUTE this July on Private School Equitable Participation. This Four Day Institute will be offered at the University of Notre Dame and features sustained online support throughout the 2012-13 school year! The event is jointly sponsored by ACE Consulting at the University of Notre Dame and Catapult Learning.
All participants who complete the institute will receive a certificate from the University of Notre Dame awarding Professional Development Points equal to the total program hours of the institute.
- Are your students with disabilities provided with publicly funded supports?
- Do you know the funds generated by your students and how best to utilize them?
- Do you successfully work with your public school district to obtain services for your students?
What is it and why you should attend:
- 4 day summer institute on the campus of the University of Notre Dame
- 4 interactive webinars throughout 2012-13
- Development of an advocacy action plan for school or system of schools
- Online community for peer and professional support and interaction
- Opportunities to join in ND’s liturgical celebrations
- The Notre Dame Experience!!
By the end of this conference you will…
- Become knowledgeable about Titles I, II, III of ESEA and IDEA
- Get practical experience in solving common issues involved in obtaining equitable services
- Have techniques that improve your consultation skills
- Belong to a support community of private school educators involved in federal education program services
Availability is limited to 40 participants. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to attend this important event! Click here to Learn More About This Event
Day 1: Welcome; Advocacy for Students and Schools
- Equity for our children: A social justice issue.
- Setting the context: The history of private school participation in federal education program.
- Lunch Activity: Rate your skill in obtaining federal program services for your students.
- Case studies, best practices, and what not to do.
- Refresher course: Overview of ESEA programs and the consultation process.
- Break into Facilitation groups: Assessment of access now, begin action plans.
Day 2: Let the games begin: preparing for your consultation meeting
- Strike one, strike two, strike three: Hitting a home run in ESEA.
- All Stars in the Field: Panel of Best Practices.
- Batting practice: Consultation role play/simulation.
- Reflections on the consultation exercise.
- Facilitation groups: Finalize action plans for presentation.
Day 3: Putting it into practice: Presentation of action plans
- You’ll never walk alone: Support plan for participants.
- Education for all: Advocating for our most needy through IDEA.
- Incorporate IDEA into action plans.
- Social event.
Day 4: Inside the beltway.