Catapult Learning’s Building Instructional Coherence: A Blueprint for Success is a consistent and cohesive instructional model that engages the entire school community to adopt a set of a best practices that elevate the quality of teaching and learning. This research-based targeted school transformation model
- maximizes Academic Learning time
- cultivates greater student engagements
- improves student learning outcomes
This is done through structured workshops and coaching support that gets your instructional teams on the same page with a consistent, cohesive, researched-based instructional model.
During workshops, teachers and leaders learn how to:
- Create and maintain Academic Learning Time in every lesson across all grades and content areas
- Implement a consistent instructional model that incorporates research-based best practices for organizing, designing, and delivering instruction that promotes students success
- Utilize the key components of a well-designed lesson, including Activating Relevant Knowledge (ARK), Direct Teacher Input (TIP), Student Active Participation (SAP), and Identifying Student Success (ISS)
- Analyze the importance of adopting practices that allow teachers to monitor and adjust to achieve maximum effect for all students throughout the lesson
- Strengthen the use of a variety of formative assessment strategies to gauge student progress and inform instructional decision making
Job-embedded coaching includes:
- Co-planning lessons that align with the Blueprint for Success, including instructional best practices
- Co-teaching activities that incorporate a gradual release of responsibility
- Reviewing student products with teachers to monitor student progress and reflect on lessons
- Modeling effective instruction
- Facilitating the design and implementation of formative assessments
- Analyzing, interpreting, and using data to drive instructional decisions
- Observing teachers during instruction and providing databased feedback to inform reflective conversations
Building Instructional Coherence supports educators as they leverage best practices in planning, instruction, and assessment across all grade levels and content areas. This model also builds administrators’ capacity to serve as effective instructional leaders, creates opportunities for teachers to collaborate and share resources, and provides a consistent set of routines and structure for students as they move from classroom to classroom, and from year to year.
*Building Instruction Coherence: a Blueprint for Success was formerly known as the Core Instructional Model, or CIM.