Improve the Quality of Teaching & Learning
For schools needing a consistent and cohesive instructional model, Catapult Learning’s Building Instructional Coherence: A Blueprint for Success is a targeted school transformation model designed to engage the entire school community in adopting a set of best practices to elevate the quality of teaching and learning. Central to this solution is our research-based instructional model, designed to maximize Academic Learning Time, cultivate greater student engagement, and improve student learning outcomes.
This comprehensive program provides structured professional learning opportunities and coaching support that gets your instructional teams on the same page with a consistent, cohesive, research-based instructional model.
During workshops, teachers and leaders learn how to:
- Create and maintain Academic Learning Time in every lesson across all grades and content areas
- Implement a consistent instructional model that incorporates research-based best practices for organizing, designing, and delivering instruction that promotes students success
- Utilize the key components of a well-designed lesson, including Activating Relevant Knowledge (ARK), Direct Teacher Input (TIP), Student Active Participation (SAP), and Identifying Student Success (ISS)
- Analyze the importance of adopting practices that allow teachers to monitor and adjust to achieve maximum effect for all students throughout the lesson
- Strengthen the use of a variety of formative assessment strategies to gauge student progress and inform instructional decision-making
Job-embedded coaching includes:
- Co-planning lessons that align with the Blueprint for Success, including instructional best practices
- Co-teaching activities that incorporate a gradual release of responsibility
- Reviewing student products with teachers to monitor student progress and reflect on lessons
- Modeling effective instruction
- Facilitating the design and implementation of formative assessments
- Analyzing, interpreting, and using data to drive instructional decisions
- Observing teachers during instruction and providing data-based feedback to inform reflective conversations
Building Instructional Coherence supports educators as they leverage best practices in planning, instruction, and assessment across all grade levels and content areas. This model also builds administrators capacity to serve as effective instructional leaders, creates opportunities for teachers to collaborate and share resources, and provides a consistent set of routines and structure for students as they move from classroom to classroom, and from year to year.