Win a Set of STEM Take-Home Activities for Your Students
November 8th is National STEM Day where we celebrate science, technology, engineering, and math learning and exploration. STEM learning encourages problem solving and develops critical thinking skills. With growth in STEM occupations set to outpace non-STEM jobs, fostering a strong interest in STEM among your students unlocks a future of possibilities.
Enter our Sweepstakes for your chance to win 20 STEM Activity Bags for your students. Each bag is valued at $50 and provides engaging, hands-on activities for your students designed to encourage family involvement.
The STEM Day Sweepstakes is complete. Stay tuned for the winner to be announced!
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at the https://catapultlearning.com/stem-day and to legal residents of the United States who at the time of entry are a) eighteen (18) years of age or older and b) currently employed full- or part-time as an educator or administrator by an accredited public or private K–12 school and/or school system in the United States. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Catapult Learning LLC, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Catapult Learning LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on November 8, 2018 at 12:00 AM EST and ending November 14, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST. All online entries must be received by November 14, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://catapultlearning.com/stem-day. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Catapult Learning LLC You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Catapult Learning LLC.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive 20 STEM Exploration Activity Bags at the grade level of their choosing, an approximate retail value of $1,000. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Catapult Learning LLC. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Catapult Learning LLC’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Catapult Learning LLC to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by random drawing under the supervision of Catapult Learning LLC. Winner will be notified by either email or telephone within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Catapult Learning LLC shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within five (5) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT CATAPULT LEARNING LLC’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Catapult Learning LLC, anyone acting on behalf of Catapult Learning LLC, and Catapult Learning LLC’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: Catapult Learning LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Catapult Learning LLC’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Catapult Learning LLC may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Catapult Learning LLC. Catapult Learning LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Catapult Learning LLC has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Catapult Learning LLC reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Catapult Learning LLC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF UNITED STATES AND NEW JERSEY, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New Jersey having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Catapult Learning LLC Two Aquarium Drive Camden, NJ 08103. Requests must be received no later than December 31, 2018.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Catapult Learning LLC Two Aquarium Drive Camden, NJ 08103.
14. The Campaign hosted by Catapult Learning LLC is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
3 Tips for Effective STEM Instruction
One of our professional learning coaches in New York City shares three tips for incorporating STEM learning in classroom activities. These activities can be incorporated into classrooms of any academic discipline, developing critical thinking and problem solving skills while encouraging inquiry-based learning.