How will services be provided?

Services can be provided directly by the SEA or it may contract with an individual, association, agency (e.g. an LEA or ESA), or organization to provide such services or assistance Must be independent of the private school receiving the services Any contract must be under the control and supervision of the SEA Can be the same services being provided under CARES Note: A private school whose students and teachers receive services or assistance under the EANS program, even if such services are delivered through reimbursement, is not a “recipient of federal financial assistance.”

2021-04-26T13:41:13-04:00February 11th, 2021|

Who should submit applications?

Individual school Organization with governing authority over a group of private schools on behalf of member schools. Clearly indicate schools it is applying on behalf of Provide supporting data and other information requested for any and all schools for which it applies. Application must be made available to private schools as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days after the SEA receives EANS funds.

2021-04-26T13:32:29-04:00February 11th, 2021|

What are SEAs responsible for?

Distributing information about EANS promptly to nonpublic schools Creating an application Establishing poverty criteria from generally available sources of poverty data Establishing the information a nonpublic school must provide to enable the SEA to prioritize schools most impacted by COVID 19 Ensuring nonpublic schools provide enrollment of students from low-income families and a description of the emergency services requested from the SEA Making an application easily available to nonpublic schools as soon as possible but no later than 30 days after receipt of EANS funds Approving/denying each application promptly but no later than 30 days after receipt Determining what services or [...]

2021-04-26T13:56:04-04:00February 11th, 2021|
Go to Top