Accelerate Learning for All Students
Put literacy theory into practice with a nationally proven framework
Are your students’ literacy levels where you would like them to be? Literacy First®: The Science of Reading is Catapult Learning’s comprehensive, research-based professional learning process that supports developing literacy in all subject areas.
“I sincerely believe that, because of Literacy First, our school climbed to the top of the educational ladder, the faculty became a closer-knit group, and the students matured greatly. But most of all, this old dog learned a lot of new tricks. My only regret is that I didn’t know about Literacy First years ago.”
– Pat Fritz, 6th Grade Teacher
Mountain View-Gotebo Elementary, Blue Ribbon School, Oklahoma
Moving Literacy Theory into Practice
This comprehensive, research-based professional learning process supports developing literacy in all subject areas. Schools and districts will experience:
- Renewed learning environments that promote fluency in reading and writing
- Easy integration with any reading, writing, or comprehensive literacy programs
- Instructional coherence in effective, literacy-rich learning environments
Taking student achievement to the next level starts with enhanced educator preparation. We provide:
- Systematic and explicit professional development, proven to deliver dramatic gains
- A research-based change process that builds leader and teacher capacity
- Job-embedded coaching with personalized support and integration of best practices
Your Literacy First professional development experience is based on a meta-analysis of the research related to systematic, explicit instruction and the Big Five as identified by the National Reading Panel and the International Dyslexia Association.
Your educators will discover how to:
- Implement curriculum with Academic Content Standards, consistently applying effective strategies
- Structure reading lessons for whole-group and small, flexible groups with differentiated instruction and support
- Refine the ability to monitor and support research-based instructional practices necessary for outstanding student achievement
Be the Next Success Story with Literacy First
Literacy First has closed the achievement gap in more 800 schools across the country. As literacy needs continue to grow, our team stands ready to help you implement this proven professional development process with a direct impact on student outcomes.
“We thank Literacy First for providing the professional development and coaching/support. This never would have happened without that help.”
-Kayla Robinson, Principal
Marshall Elementary Tulsa Public Schools, Oklahoma
Getting Started with Literacy First: The Science of Reading
Whether you would like to schedule individual literacy workshops, or embrace the Literacy First process at the organizational level, our professional development experts stand ready to help.