Catapult Learning offers an engaging, personalized blending learning experience that seamlessly incorporates technology with our traditional teacher-led intervention programs. Our blended learning model starts with direct instruction, including technology sessions, and students then further their learning through guided instruction and practice. Assessments allow us to evaluate student performance and adapt and personalize instruction based on the analysis of results.
With our Instructor-Coach Rotational Model, a highly trained Catapult Learning teacher facilitates learning and provides one-on-one tutoring. The model comprises:
- Direct Instruction: Teacher as a Coach – Teacher establishes the goals for the day and ensures students are set up for technology-driven instruction.
- Guided Instruction: Technology Scaffolds – New concepts are introduced through scaffolded, technology-based instruction.
- Guided Practice: Student Works with Technology – Student tries out learning with assistance as needed from the technology.
- Independent Practice: Student Works Independently with Technology – Personalized skill practice and application.
Catapult offers both a partially blended learning model and a fully blended learning model.
Our partially blended learning model includes:
- 60%-70% direct small-group instruction/30%-40% technology-assisted programming
- Student participation in direct instruction and guided practice with a Catapult Learning teacher and a small group of students, plus a technology-based program used for individualized independent practice
- Small-group, interactive, collaborative learning for most of the lesson cycle
- Technology that provides individual practice at the student’s ability level, with engaging and motivating rewards for completing work
Our fully blended learning model features:
- 50% direct small-group instruction/50% technology-assisted programming
- Two student engagements in the entire lesson:
- One with a Catapult Learning teacher and a small group of students
- One individually, working with the personalized learning system
Other highlights of our blended learning model include:
- An interactive learning environment personalized to each student’s skill level
- Advanced reporting and tracking tools that monitor progress of an entire group at a glance
- Support for scaffolding, spiraling, and enrichment
- Fully customizable curriculum
Blended learning is here to stay, and Catapult Learning can help your district implement a high-quality program that perfectly balances teacher-led instruction with technology-based learning. For more information, visit https://catapultlearning.com/programs/instruction/blended-learning/