Adopting a balanced, holistic approach to professional development that encompasses classroom management, instructional excellence, and leadership development empowers educators to meet and overcome the diverse challenges they face. This integrated approach fortifies learning environments and offers vital support for educators, providing a robust and efficacious pathway to enhanced student outcomes.
That is Catapult Learning’s approach.
To be truly effective, we believe that optimal teaching and learning in classrooms, and beyond, can take place only when three critical areas are addressed in an integrated way:
- Eliminating non-academic hurdles
- Enhancing teaching excellence
- Cultivating leadership for meaningful change
Specific to classroom management, Catapult Learning firmly believes that coaching educators on how to effectively manage classrooms can lead to more positive and inclusive environments where all students can learn—and where less time is spent on discipline and more time is spent teaching. we empower educators by:
- Strengthening behavioral support. Our aim is to help educators provide students with the tools to improve behavior, set and achieve goals, and make smart decisions—all of which lead to a positive learning environment built on a culture of high expectations, respect, and shared values.
- Improving classroom management practices. We help educators establish a classroom environment conducive to teaching students with a range of learning differences in a general education setting. Additionally, Catapult’s PD experts can help clarify the difference between modifications and accommodations for students with unique needs.
- Developing student function and resilience. Catapult can help instructors assist their students in identifying and developing executive function skills both in school at home as well as foster students’ resiliency skills through an approach that puts students at the center of learning by honoring, challenging, and supporting them.
Catapult Learning will work with your schools to tailor and execute a professional learning implementation plan aligned to each school’s specific needs and timing through a combination of:
- Job-Embedded Coaching. With more than 250 coaching experts in the field (the most in the industry), Catapult’s job-embedded coaching delivers one-on-one and team coaching that supports educators in the moment.
- Instructor-Led Workshops and Institutes. In-person, virtually, or a combination of both, our professional forums bring discoveries and research-based practices to school leaders and educators.
- PDNow On-Demand Platform. PDNow offers 24/7 anytime, anywhere access to relevant professional learning content and resources that extend the value of training.
For more information on how Catapult Learning’s holistic professional development can help with classroom management in your schools, visit https://catapultlearning.com/programs/professional-development/ today.
6 https://sanjosespotlight.com/silicon-valley-santa-clara-county-san-jose-teachers-educators-burned-out-by-unruly-student-behavior/ or UCLA study primary source at https://transformschools.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Voices-from-the-ClassroomDeveloping-a-Strategy-for-Teacher-Retention-and-Recruitment.pdf